Monday, June 19, 2006

on my way back to my summer '06 home

Well I am in Detroit; it is pouring rain outside, the kind of rain that is blowing, soaking everything, is coming down fast and on a slant because of the wind. It is not the kind of rain that gardeners want, as it comes too quickly to soak into the ground; it runs off instead.

I am so tired! Whenever I visit my family I am up late at night, up again in the morning and busy all day in between sleep and waking. On Thursday I went to garage sales, a thrift store, had tea and lunch at my aunt’s house and talked. I got lots of things of course – the real surprise being 2 icons – never thought I would be given 2 icons at a garage sale in GR MI! I also got tons of candles, 2 shirts and some other kitchen things. I spend the whole night with my favourite cousin and then Friday I used to work on resumes and I packed almost all of my fragile things that are still at my parents home – teacups and saucers, tea plates, Holly Hobbie things and other decorations. Saturday was my close friend’s wedding – she was beautiful of course – and the wedding and reception went well. I am so honoured to have her in my life. That night I finished the packing of breakables after falling into an exhausted sleep on my parent’s couch. Sunday was church and visits with family for Father’s Day. My Grandmother gave me her bread machine.

I feel more and more that I am in the process of carving out a life for myself; I am more and more wanting a real apartment, with good paint and space for all of my (many) belongings. I have been waiting for over 10 years for this, and hope that I can have a job so I can move almost all of my things to Ottawa.

Meanwhile I will keep praying for this, and asking for God’s mercy and guidance.

No comments: