Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Sinus

One of my favourite mystery writers is Anne George; I read a lot of mysteries. She introduced me to the state of Alabama and some of the local cultural feel of the South.

I am sorry she only wrote 7 mystery books before she passed away. One of her books her character gets what, according to this book, is called The Sinus. Well, I believe I have it now, much to my dismay. The "wake up with a swollen sore throat, my teeth hurt and I cannot look at direct light too long" Sinus.

A good friend brought me soup, grapefruit and cookies. I am grateful.

I think I am going to go find one of my Anne George books now...

5 comments:

E Helena E said...

Hope you will get more rest and prayers for a pain free face. The books sound like a good respite. I always enjoy hearing about unknown (to me)authors that others recommend. Must add her to my growing list of ones to explore. Sending you a get well hug.

E Helena E said...

P.S. What is it about those Southern writers, I've often wondered...?

elizabeth said...

thank you E-H. I am resting and know that with time, tea, and other things, that this will pass...

Southren writers sure are great! Anne George is quite comforting... (and funny)...

Mimi said...

Yeouch! That sounds painful. Prayers.

elizabeth said...

thank you Mimi; it comes and goes; i appreciate your prayers very much ...