Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Holy Cross

O Lord, save Your people,
and bless Your inheritance.
Grant victories to Your people
over their adversaries.
And by virtue of Your Cross,
preserve Your habitation.
Before Your Cross,

we bow down in worship,
O Master;
and your Holy Resurrection
we praise and glorify!


It struck me today in Church how the celebration of the Cross is so linked to Christ's Resurrection.

I am looking forward to Pasca!

Hard to believe we are half way there. I know I need the mercy of God to complete this Great Lent.

6 comments:

RW said...

time is flying by
I cannot believe that we are half way through Lent.

elizabeth said...

yes. it is hard to believe; this year things seem like a blur... Lord have mercy.

Pres. Kathy said...

May we have a blessed rest of lent and a wonderful Pascha!

elizabeth said...

yes! may we indeed! by God's mercy!

Mimi said...

I know, this Lent is just zooming by!

Lord have Mercy. Prayers as we continue our Lenten struggle.

elizabeth said...

yes. it goes so fast. we all need each other's prayers! Lord help us all!