Monday, March 16, 2009

The Ups and the Downs

This morning at work I got two "good job" emails. It was such a nice way to start on a Monday! Late in the afternoon, at work, I got a "What happened last week?" phone call. Apparently there was some sort of miscommunication that involves my work. Sigh. So it is, up and down.

Would appreciate prayers as these sorts of things scare me a little, even though I know it is just a misunderstanding of some sort. Add a bit of indirect communication and I find it even harder. Sigh Sigh, Sigh!

:)

However, it is quiet in my little home. Cleo is sitting on my dining room chair. I can see my St. George Icon and Lampada from where I am sitting (picture later, promise!).

I am hoping to set up more of my house soon - I have almost all my icons up (save ones I need to get backs for) and I have yet to have my hall way mirror up (it's almost more of a mini-hall-room than a hallway, actually), have my tall bookshelf to yet be assembled and some screw-in-to-the-wall shelves in my bedroom. Not to mention moving things in my living room. That and more decorations, spice racks and other things to be put up and all will be done. So . . . expect these pictures by May or June! Lord Willing!

Meanwhile, here are pictures from a lovely birthday party I was at recently for a very darling two year old.


The Cake. Was most satisfying.

One of the Cool Adults made this.

We had fun.


9 comments:

E Helena E said...

Yay for the positive work emails! Thank God! May the misunderstandings get sorted out smoothly and quickly.
Glad you a fun time at the birthday party. Looking forward to more home pix later...

Michelle M. said...

Glad you started out the week well, and hope everything works out well with the misunderstanding.

The birthday party looked like fun. I love children's parties :)_

RW said...

I am glad you are getting positive feedback. It is important to receive and give good words.

elizabeth said...

thanks E-H ... I hope all goes well today at my work!

M- thank you! yes, it was fun!

RW - yes. to give and recieve...

Athanasia said...

Up and down...like a see saw or roller coaster.

I prefer the see saw. Roller coasters make me sick. :o)

Why is it we like to knock tall buildings down no matter our age?! LOL!

Pres. Kathy said...

May everything go well with work this week. Sounds like you had fun at the party!

Mimi said...

I agree - yay on the good job. Prayers on the situation.

And, give Cleo a hug from me.

Anonymous said...

Eh, I hate those misunderstandings, especially because you don't know they have occurred until that phone call... And even when it's sorted out, it still leaves that anxious/disappointing "aftertaste". Good thing they really don't mean anything, no matter what my worrying and restless brain wants to tell me. Hang in there!

elizabeth said...

P - thanks. yeah! it is great that adults can still have fun...

Pres K - thanks! much appreciated

M - thanks for the prayers! the work situation is still not resolved, but I am trying to be peaceful! Cleo has been hugged!

T - thanks! I really dislike unfinished things too! sigh. Nice to have your empathy!! thanks!