Thursday, June 11, 2009

An Act of God's Mercy

As some know, my Sister and Brother-in-Law desire to be Protestant missionaries to orphans in Romania. They have seen God leading them for the past three years in this direction. They have been praying that their house would sell. In Michigan, where we all grew up, it is fully a buyers market. Today, they accepted an offer on their house.

Also today, my Grandmother, whose house has been on the market for over two years, had her counter offer accepted.

This is a clear act of God's mercy; my Grandmother had been praying selflessly that her Granddaughter and Grandson-in-law's house would sell before hers. And to see their prayers answered all in one day - wow - the phones were busy tonight!

My family is very close and this day marks many transitions. For my Grandmother, it will be the first time she moves out of a house without my Grandfather. For my sister and brother-in-law, it means closer to their dream to move overseas and care for Romanian orphans. For us all, it means adjusting to having loved ones overseas. We have already been discussing skype.

5 comments:

Athanasia said...

"For my Grandmother, it will be the first time she moves out of a house without my Grandfather."

This is so sad. She must miss him very much.

elizabeth said...

Yeah. We all miss him. But thank God that we can pray in the Holy Spirit and ask God to tell him we love him. My priest shared that we can do this years ago, and it is a great comfort. He was and is a great Christian man.

DebD said...

What a great comfort the memory of this blessing will be in the future.

elizabeth said...

yes. it will. Thanks Deb. :)

Mimi said...

Prayers.