Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Uncertianty

Thank you all who prayed for me tonight! It was a cold day today so I wore my beloved dark red sweater with a funky black skirt and my silver earrings.

By God's grace and your prayers, I was able to hold my own at the dinner. When others ordered fish, I ordered fillet mignon. (It was pretty good, but a bit salty). I was able to professionally talk about being in transition, about the class I am taking and library-shop talk.

However, I learned that I had been misinformed about the job contract. It is not for sure that I will get it - they apparently have other candidates. This is not how the job was put to me when I received the phone call. However I should know more soon, as I was able to talk directly to the head of the library (who I already know on a professional level).

This means I do not know if I have a job, that I will go on EI, and I will look into seeing if I can have the government (as part of career training) fund a French class for me. I have to finish my paper this week and study for my final. Then I will begin doing the other job-finding things.

I am a bit overwhelmed by this; I thought I had a 4 month contract and could stay in my apartment. Now I do not know. But I have to trust God that the right thing will come.

Prayers appreciated.

11 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I am so glad the evening went well but what disappointing news !

My prayers for you will continue. Remember, God is holding you in the palm of His hand...............

E Helena E said...

The waiting game is a difficult one to play. Patience and, perseverance in trust!

Mimi said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear. This morning I had a moment when you crossed my mind to pray for, so I did. Now I know why.

Hugs.

Athanasia said...

Triple ouch on the misinformation. But you've a good attitude. Hang in there!!

elizabeth said...

Thank you so much Elizabeth. I really appreciate this.

Thank you E-H. It is hard sometimes!

Thank you Mimi for your prayers. The Holy Spirit is always at work, bringing us to pray for one another. Thank God.

Thank you Philippa - yes. It was really unexpected and I felt a bit devestated. But we must keep trying and trusting. Thanks for your comment.

Pres. Kathy said...

God will provide - just remember that.

elizabeth said...

Thank you Pres. Kathy. I really appreicate this encouragment. Thank you from my heart.

mamajuliana said...

So sorry that they job contract is not 100 percent yours... I'll be praying for you!

elizabeth said...

Thank you so much M-J!

Kassianni said...

you are in our prayers every day.
much love coming from the west!

elizabeth said...

Thank you Victoria - this means a great deal to me. Thank you from my heart.