Saturday, July 25, 2009

5 - for - 5

Five for Five Meme
Inspired from Mimi and also done by Alana
5 things I was doing five years ago
1. Shelving books at a public library
2. Preparing to do my Masters in Library and Information Science
3. Living at home in Michigan
4. I was chrismated almost 5 years ago exactly (August 8th)
5. I met many wonderful Orthodox friends - It broke my heart to leave BC
but God in His wisdom had me chrismated in the town where I grew up.
Now when ever I go home to family, I also go home to another church family
and my Godmother.
But it was not easy to leave BC and I barely talked for
the first 3 days after leaving.

5 things on my to do list:

1. apply for another job

2. go to church tomorrow (Thank God)

3. go to a friends house

4. wash my dishes, again

5. read another chapter in The Brothers Karamazov


5 things I would do with a million dollars:

1. I better remember to tithe

2. buy an apartment with a room for a library

3. invest for my future and for my family

4. pay off my school loans

5. get spiritual counsel for all of the above points

5 places I have lived:

1. West Michigan

2. Connecticut

3. Langley, Fort Langley and Walnut Grove (all in Beautiful BC)

4. London Ontario

5. Ottawa


5 things I want to be doing in 5 years:
1. Have a stable job that I enjoy
2. Um, still wish I could get married, like so many wish. But
God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
3. I hope Cleo will still be alive and well - she will be 11
4. Asking for God's mercy and going to an Orthodox Church
5. Visiting monasteries
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I also hope to continue to blog in a meaningful way
and to continue taking pictures.
I feel so alive when I am taking pictures;
being in the rain on my balcony last night made me almost
dizzy with the joy of seeing the rain;
taking pictures for me is to live
within the beauty
found in the present moment.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Oooh, I love the end of this Meme post! Beautiful words.

And, our oldest cat is at least 14 - I am sure Cleo will still be the Cutest Cat in Canada

Mimi said...

Oh, and Happy Christmation Anniversary! Five Years!

RW said...

a good meme
thanks

Alana said...

I LOVE rain! And I think the pictures of the flowers are just so very very gorgeous.

I think one of my very favorite place to be is on a porch, wrapped in a blanket while it's raining. Pot of hot tea or cocoa in attendance, with a good book, of course.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Alana! I am so glad you also love rain! It is a wonderful thing! I think we share a lot of the same loves - tea, books, rain...

elizabeth said...

Thanks Mimi for telling me that I wrote beautiful words. I do not always know, I think.

Thanks also RW. Your welcome.