Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One Step, Another Step...



The doors of a small Catholic church

dedicated to St. Teresa.

I love seeing this Church - it is the one I photograph the most.





I was having fun taking pictures last night!
This one is of a street light and trees.
I applied to another position
this one is only a
"on call" position
but still:
I applied.
I am realizing I need to really try to eat better.
Vegetables I do not eat enough of
or other things for that matter.
All these things that are small matter.
I was really encouraged by my reading this morning:

No temptation has overtaken you
except such as is common to man;
but
God is faithful,
who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
but with the temptation will also make the way of escape,
that you may be able to bear it.


1 Corinthians 10:13 (New King James Version)


It is storming again here in Ottawa.

But God is here in our midst.


6 comments:

E Helena E said...

Those first two photos are haunting and stunning.
Bring on the salads with protein added!
A verse that needs to be brought to my mind also.

elizabeth said...

Thanks E-H...

yes... that sounds like a good idea... I need more salad ideas I think...

it is such an important verse!

RW said...

Bean salad.
Taboulleh salad.
Pasta salad.
Spinach salad.
Waldorf salad.

email me if you want more ideas. The idea of cooking for one - is an interesting concept. I cannot keep enough food in the house for my 14 year old son - the constant refrain is there is never anything to eat in the house! Grocery shopping is a bit of a nightmare these days.

elizabeth said...

Thanks RW... Yes... I am thinking further...I am a soup person... though I think a spinach salad is a good idea as well...

biss said...

Wow. That first picture is absolutely Breathtaking.

elizabeth said...

Thank you Biss! You always know how to cheer me up! :)