Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Through storm clouds and sunshine

The sunshine came out when I walked to vespers last Saturday.


The rain came again after vespers, but could not hide the sun.
I am aware of my faintness of heart,
how often I do not choose to love.
I finished book VI of the Brothers Karamazov
and am reminded again
of the life of God, the Church, the Saints;
the call to love, to humility.
Oh that I would remember God's mercy in the rain
and that the sun is always on the other side of the clouds.

2 comments:

E Helena E said...

I recognise both these street scenes and the faintness of heart.
Nice to see the photos; for some reason they were not showing up yesterday.

elizabeth said...

Yes...

It was strange; the photos were up at first and then disappeared; I had to 'reblog' them.

Baby steps each day...