Thursday, August 13, 2009

So what did I do to prepare

for the old calendar Dormition Fast that begins tomorrow?

Finished my carton of Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream.

That's what we are supposed to do right?

Appropriately, but without trying to be appropriate, I listened to this really lovely podcast about the Virgin Mary.

I listened in between eating ice cream.

Ice Cream it what I fast most from, due to various dietary needs in my life. But let me tell you, ice cream is really something I have found to be a true fast from...

Sad that I used to, when I was a Protestant, scorn those who fasted from things that I found then to be too petty (like ice cream).

Um now, well. Here I am - ice cream and all.

And I feel loved by the Theotokos today because I was thinking of her and the necklace I wear when I won the purple stoned necklace today. Of course, I am not at all excited about this, you know, blogging about it three times in one day.

To all those on the new calendar, Happy Feast on Saturday!

3 comments:

DebD said...

I have weird dietary requirements... I'm still trying to muddle through and figure out exactly what is best.

Joyous beginning of the fast for you.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Hi,
I just found your blog and am kinda new to this, but not to ice cream!

I hope you have a fruitful fast.

Peace.

elizabeth said...

Hi GW - welcome to blogland! Thank you for posting here. Yeah. Ice Cream. :) I have added your feed to my blog and will try to catch up with you soon! :)

Deb - yes. this is a muddle. Personally I am going to a dietian for advice so that I can be more healthy and eat better. After this I will be talking with my spiritual father and will go from there.

Thank you for the good wishes for the fast; now that it is here, I am relieved.