Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Step, Another Step, and One Step...

First step: remember God.

Second step: seek to be quiet within one's soul

and seek to nourish inward thanksgiving

in the midst of life's trials.

Third step: rejoice at all the good things in the present moment.
++++++++
The apartment I saw was Tres Horrible!
I am so thankful I had a dear friend with me when I saw it.
+++
I am working on learning the present tense "er" endings.
I am still getting etre and avoir confused.
Je suis and J'ai
I understand - Je comprend.
It is the other 5 I get confused.
Lord help me.
+++++++
My Dad has pneumonia -
thankfully caught in the first stage and he is on drugs and is resting.
Please pray for my Dad (would rather keep his name private,
God will know who "Elizabeth's Dad" is).
I am thankful for my Dad and love him very much;
he is a good Christian man and father.
+++
Since seeing the Tres Horrible Apartment,
I am of a mind to quickly trust God for future job or money
than saving a bit on rent.
Whew, was that apartment bad.
+++
I struggle to get everything I need to get done in a day;
there is a job add I need to apply to,
French to learn,
and apartment to find, boxes to procure, and the like.
++++
But God is good and will help me do what I need to do.
+++++++
I am volunteering at a Christian high school as a librarian
assisting the school librarian.
Tres Excited!
Hello Elizabeth the Librarian!!!
+++
I thank God for His goodness and pray that my Dad will
begin to feel better soon, Amen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your father.

Kassianni said...

praying for security for you!

RW said...

I will pray for a quick recovery for your father.
Obviously that is not the apartment for you.

Keep at the french - eventually it will sink in.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Praying for your father.
The Library volunteer post sounds brilliant, and may lead to a job opening for you..........

We'll keep praying about the apartment situation :-)

E Helena E said...

My prayers for your father and for your situation. Exciting to hear about this volunteer opportunity! My love to you!

Mimi said...

God will indeed know who Elizabeth's Dad is, and he is in my prayers.

Hugs to you.

elizabeth said...

Thank you so very much Mary, Victoria, RW, Elizabeth,E-H and Mimi.

I greatly appreciate your prayers and your encouragment!

Merci!!

Michelle M. said...

love the post! Sorry your dad is ill. Praying that he will recover quickly. have fun being a librarian :)