Friday, October 16, 2009

What To Do?

I never thought it would be like this;

I have looked at apartments that are worse than I ever looked at before.

The only 1 bedroom I have found so far, for my reduced circumstances,

that would fit my furniture,

a good friend told me

never live there ever.

I was scared to realize I almost looked at apartments

in the most undesirable

unsafe part of downtown.

I live in the best part of town right now;

it is strange to realize I don't even want to spend money to live in areas

downtown, that I never would of considered before.

What should I do with my furniture?

it may be that I cannot find an apartment that I can afford

that will fit what I currently own.

Do I sell? Try to store at some one's house?

I need wisdom...

I have word that my apartment I am in right now is rented out.
Nice that I can have peace for the rest of my time
here; but where am I going to?
Where is this gold chair going to go next?
+++
I am feeling really overwhelmed and unsure about doing French
and spending over half my savings.
++++
I am striving to yet be thankful.
I need wisdom and guidance;
please pray for me that I will know what to do.
+++++
There have been lots of tears this week
YET STILL,
in God do I look for salvation.

1 comment:

Athanasia said...

Prayers continue Elizabeth.

Regarding finding an apartment, have you considered looking in the want ads for renting a room in a house rather than a full-blown apartment? Or perhaps there is an elderly person who lives alone and would like someone to live with them as a safety net/company? Reduced rent would be very possible in that type of situation.

I would also suggest you try calling area churches, all denominations, and see if they are aware of people who are renting rooms or perhaps are missionaries and want a long-term house sitter.

Have you tried looking on Craigs-List?

Would your priest know someone or be willing to put an announcement in the weekly church newsletter?

These are just some ideas off the top of my head. If none seem feasible, trash them - no harm/no foul.

Hugs my dear!