Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Home for my first of two Christmas Feasts

Here I am.
Home.
It is the same and I recognize
the stages now.
The dreaded flight
(missed my connection due to an hour layover
did not know that I would have to pay separately for luggage).
The feeling of reverse culture shock;
going back to live in the culture I grew up in
is now well,
a shock to the system.
This is normal;
The life of the Church is my life now;
My little home has Icons everywhere.
I will feel better once I go to my church on Christmas Eve.
Happens every year now.
Don't get me wrong though,
I grew up in a good home and have a great God-loving family.
I miss my Cat.
It is a great
blessing to be home and greet my family in person
instead of just on the phone.
I miss using my computer (no wireless here).
So no pictures to go with my posts.
God is good to me.
Now I must work on my resumes;
will be looking for a part-time job
when I return.

1 comment:

Pres. Kathy said...

I know how you feel - I lived with my parents for 28 years, 3 of those married, and when I go back now it feels different. Can't explain it! I wish you a blessed Christmas.