Thursday, May 20, 2010

What time is it?

My time away was good;

it is as it always is; my family is routine oriented;

we spent a lot of time together; my Mother is the youngest

of a family of 8 children

so lots of remembering.

Asked my Oma about what her advice about marriage was

(figured I better ask while I can since by the time I may or may not

get married, she will be, I pray, in heaven, since she is

101 years old currently).

She said to be nice to him and he will be nice to you

and to know when to speak and when to not speak.

Lots of truth in these simple things.

Years ago my Mom's family lived in the house pictured above;

painted then with the wood in yellow and green

and a porch the whole side of the house...

My Uncle took my Dad and I to a cool restaurant

with tons of Victorian decorations.

I love the unexpected restaurants way out in the countryside.

A large part of me still belongs to the countryside

of both Ontario and Michigan...

Cleo missed me.
She always lets me know the night I am home sleeping
about 2 Am
she wakes me up.
If anything I will have lots of experience of waking in the middle of the night
if I ever do have a family.
That cat of mine.

She had two people visit her -- my one friend even texted me pictures of her!

and Cleo always had plenty of food and water.

***

I am wondering what time it is for me.

Reprogramming for sure.

Rethinking

redoing

re-something else I'm sure.

Changing my eating habits

figuring out what I need for exercise (and how to have the time?)

***

I am trying to not be on my computer as much;

I know I need to reorganize my life and time.

**

Moved a shelf unit into my closet,

purging myself of more stuff

being patient with the process.

*

It can be hard to wait

but the process has to be gone through before I will be

where I will be next

(school, job, other yet unknown).

***

May God have mercy on us all.

12 comments:

Pres. Kathy said...

I am glad to hear that you had a nice time with your family. I absolutely love that chandelier! I am glad Cleo is well. Have faith in God and He will provide everything for you. It helps to be patient and have a positive attitude!!! :-) Sending you lots of hugs.

Anonymous said...

(Great-?)grandmothers always have the best soundbites. I wonder if you get sent to a special academy just before you become a grandma in order to learn how to say everything in snappy, easily-remembered-and-requoted-for-generations sentences.

The stuff about reprioritising and trimming down your things... well, I'm in pretty much exactly the same place atm. This Mousehole is, um, very petite, and unlike the admirable rolling stone I seem to have gathered a lot of moss. Nice to know it's not just me though :9

Kassianni said...

love the photos!
sounds like you had a good visit.

Kassianni said...

love the photos!
sounds like you had a good visit.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I am so glad you had a great time with your family ! Your Oma's advice about marriage is very sound :-)

Molly Sabourin said...

Your grandmother is very wise! I love that: Be nice, know when to speak and when to be quiet.If I focused on just those two things I know I would (and Troy would and the kids would) benefit immensely!
Have a great (and healthy) weekend, Elizabeth!

elizabeth said...

Thanks Pres Kathy; I always need this reminder!

Marigold - she is my Grandmother! My Oma was 40 or 41 when my Mother was born... She is really wonderful!

Thanks Vic, yep it was a good visit!

Thanks Elizabeth and Molly - yep, my Oma said some good things.

May the Lord help us all!

Beth said...

How lovely. Having been married almost 13 years, your Oma's words were very wise. What a blessing to enjoy her for so many years. A peaceful day to you.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Beth! Yeah, My Oma is really wise and the beautiful thing is that she does not know it. She has a beautiful family of kids who still visit and love her!

margaret said...

Having wrecked three engagements I can tell you from experience that Oma is right on the ball about knowing when not to speak.

I'm glad I have a big mouth with space for both my feet and the ability to keep talking or I'd be married now but for someone who wants to get married/stay married Oma's advice is golden.

margaret said...

Yes, Marigold, it's the Amma Synkletica Academy and it's open to Grandmas and Schemanuns only.

Michelle M. said...

How wonderful to have someone with 101 years of wisdom to talk to. It sounds like you had a great trip.