Sunday, November 21, 2010

Looking forward on a Sunday

I had a 'heart to heart' with my Mom.

I am going to continue looking for work here

but have to face the fact that I am running out of money.

I may have to move home,

which will also involve selling most of my furniture and a lot of my books

(honest the book part does not bother me that much).

I will continue looking here to see what

I can find.

I will pursue all my options with the time I have.

But I must not be afraid to go from
single women with a great little apartment, Cat and cool
furniture
to single woman sans apartment, etc etc.
God is with us.
May whatever He wills happen.
I am going to try to pluck up my courage and continue
to seek God's face during this time.

11 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Elizabeth,

I will continue to pray that God gives you the best situation for you. Also that you will have peace no matter what.

((hugs))

TeresaAngelina said...

Moms are a good thing.

Anonymous said...

If you found a job in this area, we would have a place for you to stay until you got settled on your own. There are lots of libraries here.

Anonymous said...

http://www.kpl.org/about/jobs.html

GretchenJoanna said...

I see that you are willing to be humbled to the point of losing some independence. Whatever happens, God will use it for your salvation. You never know what doors will be opened, or what they will open to.
“ Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

margaret said...

As Teresa says, moms are a good thing.

I used to think it would be the end of the world if I had to get rid of my books but I've realised I could pack a very small box with the ones that really matter.

You are still in my prayers.

elizabeth said...

Thanks JA - I know there are libraries there but I have no public library experience... and the jobs posted there (I looked) are not librarian jobs - i.e. no Masters Degree Required - but they do want the "•Post secondary degree/diploma in a field related to childhood education" which I do not have... so while I could apply the chances of them wanting to hire me for one year and I am not even living there, are slim. but THANK YOU. I appreciate that you care. :)

to all the rest, THANKS.

Yep. Need the prayer. I need a lot of strenght to do a really big job search and figure out what to do etc.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

You have a great Mom !

Being willing to consider doing this move, and with such peace and tranquillity in your heart is wonderful.
Redoubling my prayers for you and the job situation........

Mimi said...

Moms are so wonderful :)
Prayers.

Anonymous said...

fyi I did also see a posting at U of W. I didn't check Laurier. I am asking St. Xenia to pray for you to get the right job.

Michelle M. said...

Continuing to pray for you. I pray that God will give you peace and comfort.