Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday Mid-November - white skies with sun

Can't tell you how good it always feels

to say "hello" here.

Well.

Today was another try to recover day.

Strangest cold - fairly good during the day

bad at night

or vice versa.

However:

Tomorrow I am GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE.

Can you tell I am excited?

After being house-bound for days on end, I'm sure you understand.

Even Cleo understands :)

So tomorrow I will try to do another step in job hunting

locally.

Great talk with my Mom today

about how we don't always understand God's plan or His timing.

And so often His timing is rather 11th hourish.

Fun picture from last August
when I was seeing the the Dale C. exhibit.
*
I am ignoring the fact that I just sneezed again.
*
My Mom and I have also been talking about
the fact that Christmas is just over a month away
and I don't have the money to go home
for Christmas.
Well.
I am trying to take all this in stride;
including the fact that I would be breaking my tradition of being at
my beloved monastery for New Years;
my family may come in January to Canada.
I knew all along that when I went home in August
that it may be my Christmas
visit for this year and I did get to go to the monastery
during this time...
*
Been thinking about these verses today, from Psalm 37 (NKJV)

25 I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.
39 But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD;
He is their strength in the time of trouble.
40 And the LORD shall help them and deliver them;
He shall deliver them from the wicked,
And save them,
Because they trust in Him.
*
Jodie Anna gave us a real treat today in providing this song:
Thank you, my friend
for a song that seems to simultaneously capture
the prayer for mercy
deep beauty
and the sense of all that is beautiful and hoped for.
*
May God show us the desires of our hearts
and may Christ fill them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're welcome - just now I was listening to AFR and the same choir was being played...funny, I just discovered it today.

It's so often true that God allows us to wait for things so we will learn patience and trust. We have waited until the 11th hour many times. May God grant you peace.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Sometimes I also wish God didn't test our faith and patience by leaving answers to our prayers till the 58th minute of the 11th hour......

Sending hugs and get well wishes.

elizabeth said...

Thanks J-A... how neat about the song.

Yes, God does do that hey?

E - I know... sometimes I think God even waits to minute 59 and a half!! but God be praised, for loving the likes of me! :)

Mimi said...

I *so* understand, enjoy getting out and about.