Friday, May 27, 2011

Simple Tea on Thursday


A friend from out of town


and I had a simple* tea.


Main course: bakery bread with


sliced zucchini, red pepper, avocado and a soft goat cheese.


This was baked in the toaster oven for about 5-7 minutes.


Second layer of tea: strawberries and green grapes.


Third layer: circle shaped biscuits from Italy


and heart cookies from France


(a brand that I was surprised/sad to see that Kraft took over)


Water with first two layers


a fruit tea with the cookies.


I was really pleased with the biscuits as they only a


few ingredients and were very subtle,


not overly sweet which was exactly what I had hoped for.


My friend told me that in Chinese the heart

shaped cookies are called

butterfly cookies;

they are lovely, light and with a sweetness

that is just right... the taste of sugar

without being overwhelming.



*simple tea as opposed to high tea that involves

scones, clotted cream, little sandwiches and cookies

1 comment:

Matushka Anna said...

You always make everything so pretty. (c: