Monday, May 23, 2011

Sunday's Meal...


I made most of the meal before liturgy


Sunday morning.


From this slowcooker cookbook that I


have found to always cook up great meals.


I used the roast beef recipe that called for


thyme


small tin of tomato sauce


1 bay leaf


2 lbs roast beef


(my variation here: chopped up 3 big cloves of garlic,


cut the cloves into 2 or 3 slivers and pierced the meat and


put the garlic inside the 'cut' and then put lots of olive oil


salt and pepper)


4 potatoes peeled and chopped


4 carrots, peeled and chopped


2 onions peeled and chopped


beef broth/bullion in 1 cup water


(I changed this and added at least 3 cups total,


which made a lot of great beef juice broth,


part of which made nice thick gravy)


The recipe called for browning and flouring the meat


but I did not,


but added a little bit of flour for good measure :)


It cooked away (on high) while we were at church


and out for the afternoon.


Salad was a green lettuce, tomato


avocado with a balsamic vinaigrette.



We saw tulips

the currency museum

and enjoyed the dinner at my place.

I am thankful that I got to see


some of my extended family and have


a special dinner with them.

No comments: