Sunday, July 03, 2011

Sunday in Early July


Church was beautiful.


Had lunch with friends afterwards.



Excited to begin working on my small contract


this week.



Not sure when I will hear back about the 4 interviews

but am enjoying today and am reading about

Elder Macarius.

I love having more than one Optina book

'on the go' and

it is fun to read about the different

Optina Elders;

It is like entering a new world that can not

only teach me things I have been waiting for

but is full of light that I find myself

looking for,

as if lost in a long corridor;

I guess I could say that Optina is one of the doors

I have been looking for

and summer, metaphorically

as well was in reality,

for now,

is here.

*

The best thing is that when it is winter again,

which inwardly can happen so quickly -

the Optina Saints can still be

there, with me

when it is cold,

snowy,

or in a dank dark rain.

2 comments:

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Yay! Congratulations on the short contract! best wishes for the start of work :)

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Good news indeed :-)

I do so love your flower photos; they always bring a smile of delight to my face !