Monday, August 22, 2011

Whirlwind of a Weekend

One of my best friends came to town to visit

me and another friend;

we're all Orthodox and met in University

a good 8 years or more ago

and it was so good to be with both of them

together...

Had dinner for my friend and some other friends

from church

for the Feast of the Transfiguration

this past Friday.


Fresh Salmon with lemon and onion



a Basmati and a black mahogany rice in separate bowls


grapes from the feast


salad


pickled red peppers


an amazing vegan chocolate truffle like dessert


with cherries


and some Turkish Delight.

A nice white wine


and lemon water...



It was a lovely time.

*

This week will be very full

with finishing up my contract

and doing errands.

*

Am hoping to go to the Greek monastery this Saturday

if it works out with my friend.

*

Dormition on Sunday

and I start my new job next Monday,

right after Dormition...

*

So that's what's new with me,

what's new with you?

4 comments:

. said...

Sounds wonderful, the visit and the dinner! Visits with good friends really touch the heart. Praying for you as you prepare for your job on Monday. I know it will be tough transitioning back to a full work week, but it will also bring you much relief I'm sure. :) love to you!

RW said...

I too, will be thinking of you as you transition to working full time.

Beth said...

Always wonderful to be surrounded by friends. And of course, I never tire of viewing your dinner pictures. Lovely.

And a huge congratulations on your new job. Wonderful. Peace and goodness.

amy said...

You prepare such a lovely table. I'm glad you were able to share this time with good friends. Best wishes on your new job! I hope it is everything you hoped it would be and more.