Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Wednesday Quietness


I have been slowly reading through a book on


and am really enjoying it.

A book read slowly and savoured;

it is always so good to read of Saints, of God's

mercy and love

and of holy places of quiet.

*

Work continues to be very busy.

I ruined one of my two pairs of work pants


which means I have been carefully

going between 1 skirt and 1 pair of pants

since then.

Which requires a bit more frequent washing and

matching with various work clothes.

So finally I decided on a skirt that I bought online;

it will come in a few weeks -

it is ankle length, deep brown and I got a

long sleeved 'tee-shirt' to match

which with my other work clothes will be

very usable.

And 1 lovely scarf was ordered too...

It's been a while since I have dressed professionally

since I was working from home

and before that looking for work

and it is nice to wear my work clothes

but a bit distracting too.

*

I am glad that God is patient.

*

Just making the purchase decisions for this

feels like a relief,

after emailing two close friends about them

for a bit

and having some online / phone conversations.

You would think it would be simple,

clothes buying,

but after being unemployed for a while,

buying new things is, well, a bit new again...

other than books and icons which I always managed

to get a bit of even in the midst of my trials.

:)

*

I am hosting a dinner party this Friday

and a small Thanksgiving dinner on Monday.

I am looking forward to both.

I find making beautiful meals and moments with friends

to be something that really motivates me;

beauty and creating it in many ways

is something I've realized is important to me

in my daily life.

*

Thank God for the deep beauty of icons

which not only gives light to the eyes

but can quiet the soul.

6 comments:

E Helena E said...

Sounds like a book I should read also!
Thinking of you with love.

Molly Sabourin said...

I too am interested in that book, Elizabeth! Have a lovely dinner party with your friends. Be sure to take a photo of your quaintly set table! : ) Peace and love to you!

Mimi said...

Ouch. I hate it when I ruin a favorite outfit.

Kassianni said...

this photo is soo so lovely.
happy thanksgiving!

amy said...

Hello Elizabeth! I am glad work is going well and thank you for the endorsement of this book. Blessings to you!

elizabeth said...

Hi All: It is a great book. And really gives a sense of Orthodoxy as it was lived out...

Will take pictures and thank you everyone!