Friday, December 23, 2011

Nearing Christmas


I had a library school friend visit


me this week;


it was really nice to see her again


and spend time with her.


We took various walks and had a nice lunch together yesterday.


The picture above is a bit of the cheer I saw on our last walk.



I went to the grocery store with her and


she noticed the really great sale on


these oranges and I bought some other things


plus these oranges


and she carried the oranges back for me.


They taste really great.



I've gotten some Christmas

plus one birthday card

so far and it brings a lot of cheer to me.

I have not been able to do cards yet

with everything happening with my Oma

and then recovering from that.

But I am hoping to get to some today.

I've gotten cards from some faithful friends

throughout the years and

never have been able to return

their blessings of cards with one from me.

I hope to do better this year,

even if it does miss new calendar Christmas!

*

I am thankful that on Christmas Eve

new calendar

that I can go to my friends church for a vigil

with some special icons.

This is the first (and I pray only) Christmas I

have had away from my family.

My good friend who is like a sister to me

whose third child I am the godmother to

is having me over for their families'

Christmas dinner

so that is a real blessing.

I did start the fast early so I can have a

western Christmas meal

and I am so glad I get one with such

dear friends.

I truly have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: