Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday of the Cross

 
My future (with Orthoman) kitchen icon corner
with the icon of the Mother of God
Joy of All Who Sorrow.
The Akathist for this icon is found here.
 *
In the midst of the joy I am living in
I am also in such great transition
and on many real levels
grief of leaving
as I blogged about earlier
on my new blog
and I know I am in grief in part
because I am having insomnia.
*
I've been having some levels of insomnia
for weeks now.
It is not as bad as it was years ago
when I was in some very difficult
times due to complicated work situations
and other stressful life circumstances
and was lucky to get 3 to 4 hours of sleep at one time
but still. 
I know myself a bit better than I did some years ago
and know that my insomnia is in part
because of grief of the transition I am in.
And willingly in, I may add.
I do love Orthoman.
But it is a huge change
and I am now
continuing to do marriage preparation
with Orthoman
working full time
in a new in person Ottawa job
(thankfully I can walk there in about 15 minutes)
doing logistics for
the wedding
my move
packing and purging
and also will be doing logistics for
people coming to Ottawa for the wedding
who don't know the area.
*
I have read some liturgical texts on
the Sunday of the Holy Cross
and am struck by how the Cross
is not only our protection but
for our strengthening.
God is good to us.
*
Here is an Akathist to the Holy and Precious Cross.

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

You have so much going on......take good care of yourself, and my prayers always for you both, and for darling Cleo.

Maria said...

I remember going through this transition. I loved my first parish so much, and still do. It was very hard to get used to the new one. And yet there came a time when the new church became home, and the old church became my old home, just in the way that when you move away from your parents, your own place eventually does become home and yet your parents' house is also a home place. I have been back to visit my old church many times over the years (I'm lucky in that it's just an hour away), and it is always a heartwarming experience. The thing is, it takes time to get over the change and to put down roots in a new place.