Sunday, May 20, 2012

Last Sunday of the Bright Season

I made it to cemetery day.



Holy Water. 


Old offering table.


Banners of years past.


Older icon of Christ.


The small table
where I would pray.
*
This was the first year that I did not pray and ask
to be able to return.


Being at Christ's feet is all that is needed.


I went to our beloved parishioner’s grave
where I go every year since she died
in 2006
and picnicked there with her family and friends.
*
It was very hot
and we all had lots of water.


The littlest breads on the paper plate is my
small offering;
I had these frozen from the Greek monastery
that Orthoman and I went to on
Bright Monday
and got them out last night.
It was the least I could do and I am so glad to have done it.
It was hard to say goodbye to the grave
of the beloved woman
 who died in 2006,
she had such faith and I believe
very strongly that she is praying for all of us
in our small church now.
*
Ultimately,
as I told my Grandma on the phone last night,
we are all to prepare ourselves for heaven
and try to repent and seek God
as best we can.
It is a lot of falling and getting up again.
*
I took decongestants today to make it
through the day.
It is very hot in my apartment and
I don't have anyone to put my A/C in yet
and so I feel the heat
and am praying that the cold that keeps hovering and
that I feel in my sinuses
will decide to leave instead of coming to stay a while.
I fly Tuesday and find
it painful to fly when I have a cold.
Asking your prayers.
*
Thanking God that I was able to go today
and for all the goodness He is putting in my life.

1 comment:

Matushka Anna said...

I hope that cold goes away and STAYS away!

Lovely pictures. I know it's hard to leave - one day we'll have to leave Innocent's and Andrew's graves - but remember what Elder Porphirios said about distances: http://prayingwithmyfeet.blogspot.com/2011/05/distance.html

love to you!