Friday, September 21, 2012

In my new home

 
Orthoman and I have been home
for about 2 days now.
Lots to do,
unpacking and finding places for things.
*
On Sunday we will have the removal of crowns
at my new parish.
*
It is a beautiful day today and
my beloved and I went to liturgy
for the Nativity of the Theotokos
at my new parish.
*
We got some beautiful icon gifts that we
just got last night;
a Cross;
a beautiful set of carved round icons and a carved spoon
from Romania
and a lovely hand-written icon of St. Phanourios
from Romania as well...
(we were married on St. Phanourios' day old calendar).
To have such dear gifts from very beloved friends
is a great blessing and comfort
as I get used to my new life
as a wife
down South...

2 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

So funny because I think of you as "up north"! (c; So glad you got some lovely gifts and are settling in.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

How lovely to see your crowns displayed ! God bless you both richly as you dedicate your lives to each other and to Him !