Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Monday in October ~ Day after the Feast of the Protection of the Mother of God



A beautiful liturgy yesterday;
last night a simple meal
of grilled cheese for my DH
and scrambled eggs and toast for me.
Tea of course and then washing up after.

I  brought
white chili to church.
My first meal contribution to my new parish.
*
Recipe:
3 Cans Great White Northern Beans rinsed well
Cut up cooked organic chicken (3 or so cups ~ my sister's recipe
calls for 3 to 5 cooked chicken breasts)
24 ounces of mild salsa
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
Put in crock pot.
I had it on high for about 3 + hours during liturgy.
Serve with grated cheese (we used sharp cheddar)
and tortilla chips.
It went over well,
and tasted great
I am thankful to say!

My Ortho-husband and I were given
this plant as a gift.
It bloomed yesterday on the
Feast of the Protection of the Mother of God.
A Violet-blue colour!
This Feast is very special to us
and we have a detail of this Festal icon always on our buffet...

More tea today.

Yummy Pizza.

Organizing and arranging.
*
It takes a long time to put together a house;
today I made some more progress
and now my beloved is on his way home from work!

2 comments:

Martha said...

We had a wonderful feast of the Protection (our GPS calls the church in Ottawa, Canada: "Protection the holy version" isn't that funny? and yet, appropriate) of the Theotokos, and then we headed home after Liturgy, a long 12 hour car trip! ♥ I wish I could enjoy a cup of tea with you. Thank you for sharing your white chili recipe....it sounds scrumptious!!!

elizabeth said...

Hi Martha,

how funny of the GPS! Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Ottawa; am so glad for you and family!

I wish I could have a cup of tea with you too! :) your welcome for the white chili recipe!