Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lake Michigan in late November


Mr. Husband and I
enjoyed some time near Lake Michigan...

We saw some really unique houses...

Made sometime back by
a local architect...

Stonework
that matched the surroundings...

Lake Michigan
has a special part in my life...
My Great Aunt has a cottage there;
it was always a special place to me...
I love walking on Lake Michigan's beaches...
Mr. Husband and I had a walk
on it's beach
and it was wonderful...
*
I had forgotten my camera back
at the house
so I don't have any pictures of it...

It is a cute little town...
 
It was good to be away
but good to be back;
we saw my parents on the weekend;
I can't thank God enough for
the blessing of Christian parents.
*
As the years go by,
I am more aware of all of us getting older.
*
My parents are over 60
I will be 36 this year
I have one Grandma left
and she is over 80.
*
Mr. Husband found me a three-in-one set
of Madeline L'Engle's nonfiction;
the book I am reading by her
is a bit conflicted as
she struggles with the culture of the time
and what is Christian, etc.
But she touched on some of the themes
of how fast our life goes
and that we must live intentionally as Christians...
*
I see even more
how we need to put our trust in the Lord
and His mercy...

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

It looks like you had a lovely time!

I understand what you mean about getting older. With the recent news on my side of the family, things like old age don't seem as far in the future.