Thursday, January 03, 2013

Reflections on blessings of the time away


Things I am pondering from my time
at the monastery:
*
The name of Jesus Christ is very powerful;
praying 
Lord Jesus Christ have mercy
and
Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me a sinner
is of great effect.
*
It was wonderful to be reminded to pray
simply
Lord Jesus Christ have mercy.
*
God has many surprises for us this year;
I was gently reminded not to think
too far in the future
as I may miss what God has for me today.
*
I was also reminded to
relax.
And that this is part of trusting God.
*
I love so much my time at the monastery over
New Years.
It has been such a blessing to me over the years;
some years I am there in sorrow
this year in joy,
as I showed my wedding ring to familiar friends
and introduced Mr. Husband to them.
*
I feel ready to take on the next steps in
my life here in NJ with
Mr. Husband
in our process of settling and continuing
to build new routines.
*
We opened many Christmas cards
that were waiting for us
when we returned,
and some birthday cards and a lovely box of chocolates
(we are well supplied for breaking
the Christmas fast on Monday!)
and Mr. Husband opened his
Name's Day present from me.
*
I treasure this time and I know that
life brings lots of curve balls
but this only makes me savour
what we have now
and keep praying to God
who holds tomorrow.

No comments: