Thursday, February 28, 2013

February's End

Safe to say that
here in our house
we are all getting quite fatigued.

Years ago my spiritual father
talked about in a homily
how even just a very little bit
done during Lent
when it is all we can do
is enough.
That God will honour it.

Soup from a friend this past weekend
now heating on the stove.
I love this little pan.
It is from my parent's old set
and I've always favoured this one,
the smallest one.

I had to rip it (the dish cloth) out again;
here it is with another new beginning.
I realized what I did however.
I had half of it with what seemed to be
two extra rows.
I had put the needles down
and then started knitting on the wrong one
doubling a half-done row.

Learning anything new takes
a lot of time, vigilance and persistence.
How can it not be the same
in our spiritual lives,
in prayer?

My yarn and new needles are probably downstairs
right now;
I looked and saw online that they were out for
delivery.
How strange that I will not be racing down
the stairs to get them;
yet how good it must be
as this must be where I am
today.
Being careful.
Deliberate.
Balancing and remembering what to do.
Seeking to rest.
 
Last summer
seems like so long ago.
I was given this hand lotion as part of
my friend's Ottawa bridal shower.
*
What a happy day that was.
Soon Mr. Husband and I will have been
married 6 months.
*
I told Mr. Husband yesterday
that sometimes we are just called
to struggle together
our faces looking to Christ.
*
I have another post I want to share,
about what I have learned
but in the same way still have to learn
about being with God today.
*
Cleo meanwhile is sitting by me
and my soup is cooled and ready to eat.

No comments: