Monday, April 15, 2013

Getting Ready...

 
Pascha is less than 3 weeks away!
*
This picture is from
Last year's Pascha basket blessing in Ottawa...
(the two baskets in the back were
mine and the yet unmarried Mr. Husband).
*
My Pascha outfit still fits!
(I was not sure if it still would as I only wear it once/year).
*
I got outside today ~ took a long rest before I went out
and it was so WONDERFUL to get outside.
I went to the grocery store for the first time in
2 months!
YAY!
*
This short video was really encouraging to me
and maybe it will be for all of us
who are struggling through the last weeks of Lent.
*
FYI, here's an Orthodox journal in PDF that
Mr. Husband just forwarded to me...
*
I am starting a list for all the things we will need for
Holy Week and Pascha.
I just found this really lovely white embroidered
cloth from Mr. Husband's Grandmother
that will be wonderful on our buffet under our window.
*
It is wonderful to me as a woman that there are so many
things that we can do in the home to bring
the fasts and feast of the church into our daily lives.
*
Of course the most exciting of all is Pascha:
Pascha is all about coming to meet the Risen Christ.
*
This is the first Pascha that Mr. Husband and I
God willing will go together to church as a married couple
for this Holiest of days.

1 comment:

Martha said...

So wonderful...may you two have another joyous Pascha together, the first as a married couple! ♥ I'm really looking forward to it, too!!!