Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Baby Blanket # 3

I had two friends
who were having babies this summer.
As a new knitter
I've been so excited to make baby blankets for them!

Here is my third baby blanket.

I was so excited for it and found it
to be a great knitted blanket...

I was so excited!
I had time (unlike the other blanket I did)
to wash it...
I put it on delicate cycle, used wool-lite and cold water.

When it came out
it was like a different blanket.

Instead of being a blanket that was
more tightly knit with a 'cushy' feel,
it has stretched. 

It's still a nice blanket
but it lost something by washing it...

I've been assured that it will still be
put to good use.
 
I am thinking next time that I will
knit on smaller needles.
*
Though the blanket changed,
it was soft if a bit thinner than before.
*
I guess it is like life,
we try our best with what we know,
what we have and then we have to leave the outcome
to God and appreciate what the result is.
*
This blanket did not turn out as I thought
but I fixed it up as best I could
(ends had come back out, unraveling)
and it is a more delicate blanket now.
*
And so it is,
life and knitting and seeing how things are
and being thankful for what one has.
*
Ravelry here.

3 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

I think it's beautiful! I just love the colors...

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I too love the colours!

GretchenJoanna said...

There are always uses for different sorts of baby blankets, so I'm sure that it will be appreciated - and it's nice that you got a little more knowledge about knitting. I am learning while reading. :-) Next week I will be with a friend who is an expert knitter, and I was thinking that I should take advantage of the time and take some project on our getaway.