Thursday, September 26, 2013

A week that seems like two...

 
By Wednesday I was thinking it was Friday.
Last week I was lamenting not
following through on goals of
getting out of the house and having more of a routine.
This week I've been out or had people in daily.
*
I still find trips to NYC leave me
no matter what it is I am doing...
drained to various degrees.
*
It looks like I will be taking a knitting class for the month
of October ~
one night a week for 2 hours.
I can walk to the class!
*
Looks like one of the things I will make is
this cowl.
I still need to get the yarn for it.
Any thoughts knitters on what yarn and what colour? 
Love hearing others ideas...
*
This class will be continuing my slow progression towards
using patterns.
*
Mr. Husband and I have some really good
mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes;
thinking that plus some bread
for dinner.
*
I was thinking of baking the bread.
I am also thinking I would really like to invest
in a pizza peel.
*
Tomorrow is the Feast of the Cross.
Mr. Husband and I hope to be at liturgy.
Other things in the works for the next two weeks
also; a busy time.
*
I don't know if I will ever get a routine down
but remain hopeful.
It helps to remember how a year ago
at this time
so much was new.
Our house is in better order;
my smart phone keeps me somewhat organized;
the blur of many new faces have been individualized and
friendships are developing.
*
I am really seeing how, also, it takes so much
time and energy to learn new things,
not to mention develop friendships....
*
Well, let's see what happens today
and I guess in the end it all comes back to
what a roommate years ago told me
your time with God is all that matters ~
the rest are details. 

4 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

It would seem to me that a trip to NYC should be in its own category, not in the slot with "going out." I think you're doing great. For various reasons, I have never been able to get a routine going in all my life, much as I've craved one.

It used to be because my husband's work schedule changed week by week, but now it's church services that are always changing. Not having a routine makes it more necessary to live in the moment with God, so maybe it's a good trial.

May He continue to strengthen you and give you peace!

Martha said...

That delicate cowl looks lovely. I'd go for something bright, like magenta.
I didn't know what a pizza peel was...but looked it up! ♥ A nice wooden board for moving your freshly made/baked pizza. I'd like to get one, too.
Fresh mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes with basil (we call it caprese salad) is one of our favorites.

Mimi said...

I kind of want a pizza peel :)
Happy Feast of the Cross. Love to you. Enjoy fall's pace, it's God given, my friend.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

A pizza peel is on my list of "really would love to have" items too :-)

Blessed Feast to you!