Monday, October 21, 2013

A Lovely Weekend


Saturday morning I made
whipped cream...
Mr. Husband was already having his
breakfast, anticipated all week,
of apple pie and ice cream,
instead of his usual Saturday morning breakfast fare.

Bread baked this week with tea,
OJ, banana and Peanut Butter
were more my liking...

             
For lunch we fried up some potatoes and
mushrooms...

I love my two cast iron pans...
Speaking of such things,
I've decided that at least for the foreseeable future,
I am not going to get an enameled dutch oven.
Where to put it, that I already have my two fry pans
on the stove all the time and my red kettle,
I am going to just make do with what I have
and to be honest, I have more peace at NOT
getting this pot than with getting it,
which in the end was the biggest part of the decisions,
other than the reasonableness of not getting one.

It was a joy to have a simple meal of
fried potatoes and mushrooms.

Finished up the apple pie for dessert :)
 
We stayed in town this weekend and went to
our near-by church.
It was cooler weather, sunshine and just a lovely weekend.
I am so thankful!

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Your meals always look so appetising!

Martha said...

I LOVE your blue (or turquoise) teapot. Whipping cream is fun...and then gone so quickly!