Thursday, October 31, 2013

Brunch

A friend gave
Mr. Husband and I these wonderful
little farmer's stand potatoes. 

Years ago in Ottawa
I got this metal basket for potatoes,
to be sure they have enough air so that they
do not quickly run to rot.

I decided to be simple with them...
Washed them,
poured olive oil and salt over...

Baked for about 15-20 minutes
until the fork could easily pierce them. 

My friend did the baking honours
and brought yummy cheese straws and
apple turn overs!

And so our brunch,
with two pots of tea,
was made!

We warmed the apple turn overs on a cookie sheet
in the oven as the potatoes finished.

It was a lovely meal.
 
I am so grateful for my life here
with Mr. Husband and the friendships
that are blossoming!
Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

E Helena E said...

I am so glad for these blossomings also! These things take time.
Love to you.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I like to cook potatoes like that too. Simple but delicious.