Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Stew was lovely


The stew I made was warm, filling and
wonderful flavour!
I must admit I love a good beef stew!
 
I used this recipe
but added more red wine, more beef broth,
simmered it at a higher rate to save time
and was liberal with the dried thyme and basil.
It was lovely
and just in time for cool autumn weather!
I cooked it in Mr. Husband's Dutch oven.
*
For those worried about the acidity found in tomatoes,
this was a great recipe also!
Of course easy to also make GF by using
GF all purpose flour,
for those who are seeking for GF ideas.

3 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

What a good fall meal!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I made beef stew last week - one of our family favourites for these chilly Autumn days!

Lisa said...

I'm making stew tomorrow, I think. Your recipe is similar to the way I do it.