Monday, December 02, 2013

Nativity Fast ~ Daily Calendar


First, lighting lots of candles today.
Praying for Alana and Wes.

I have a wonderful Christmas table runner
that I am going to put on our buffet.
This may sound funny,
but yesterday I was reading Fr. Arseny out loud to
Mr. Husband and I...
the narrator of that story, the one on
Mother Maria,
said that the Christian life requires a lot of patience...
it really struck me, and so I am not letting myself
change the table runner till next week...
*
December 1 : Sunday Liturgy.  Begin reading Christmas book with Mr. Husband.
Well, this one did not happen yet!
We arrived back safely on Saturday night
but our luggage did not!
So between coming home from church, making dinner,
taking a walk, reading Fr. Arseny, evening prayers and
then unpacking our newly delivered suitcases,
that was all we had time for.
*
December 2 : Change coffee table to Christmas Colours. 

I was able to change out the coffee table!

I got these candles with the last of our
gift card money that was a very thoughtful wedding gift.

I pulled out of Pascha rushnyk.
 
It is such a nice festive table now!
Later I will put out the Christmas books...
Just got
Donald Hall's
Lucy's Christmas
today in the mail!
Abebooks and alibris are great places
to find used Christmas books for affordable prices!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I want to get that one for Ella. You'll have to let me know how you like it.

GretchenJoanna said...

I like your pears - I have three candle pears on top of a bookcase and they are still another design!

All the blessings of the fast!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

So glad you are home safely and settling back into the swing of things; I too like your pear decorations!