Tuesday, December 10, 2013

St. Katherine's Day


We lit a large candle for St. Katherine,
her day being this past Saturday.

The US post brought us
a little old Christmas book,
Baboushka and the Three Kings
that I got on Alibris for 1.00 plus shipping.

I made catfish.
Used this recipe
but sadly burnt the garlic and realized
that better to use garlic powder and skip
the minced garlic step all together.
It was nice to make a festive meal for
St. Katherine's Day!
 
I admit however to telling
Mr. Husband that I was craving
Thai curry with tilapia
and was rather looking forward to some meat
after Christmas.
*
I really wish I knew how to make
fish like a lovely local restaurant in town does;
I have much to learn.
Any suggestions or recipes for the fish days of
the Nativity Fast?
I am all ears, as it were!
*
It was wonderful to have St. Katherine's Day!

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Minced garlic is always liable to "catch" in my experience; try adding it much later on in the recipe.