Saturday, December 14, 2013

To be noted


It is to be noted that 
doing Christmas cards is taking 
more than the 1 day I allotted to it
and the St. Nicholas cookies,
if I only do one cookie,
needs only 1 day.
*
I have decorated a bit more for Christmas.
Pictures forth coming.
Table currently littered with cards, decoration boxes
and a sugar and creamer in need of a new home,
since the holiday box and plate 
suddenly up-heaved them from their resting place.
*
I found for a mere 3 $ something an old lovely copy of
A Window Over the Sink by Peg Bracken.
I am loving it already.
*
I just finished the last bit of my re-read of
I mean to write up some thoughts on it.
I find I mean to do a lot of things,
will see if this one can happen.
*
I can say now though that I am wishing
very much for a new book by this author to be published...
I keep hoping... 
*
Meanwhile, 
I await the UPS man daily,
am to get the chocolate coins today and 
I am always hoping for another box,
as some things I am getting for the
Mr. Husband gift stash are still 
coming in,
drips and drabs.
*
We have nobly promised to not look at each other's stash 
of gifts for the other.
We have birthdays, name days, St. Nicholas Day, Christmas
all a coming.
The only difference is that he knows about 1/3 or so of what he
is getting... while I believe I know 100% of what I am getting.
Though some of it was stashed so long ago,
like starting last February, 
that I am hoping I forgot some of it! :)
*
Mr. Husband and I tend to plan in advance.
Actually, I have his Valentine's Day present already.
I know, sad, isn't it?
:)
Okay, off to repair my sock so I can wear it 
(seems only way I can discipline myself to fix them
is to darn them when I put them on and then find a hole).
What is happening to my socks though, I would like to know.
And my favourite pink hoodie has just discovered holes in it;
never mind that it already has a horrid stain so it is 
relegated to home wear only, but still.
Advice clearly invited! 
*
Oh, 
and my idea of waiting until Dec 14 for Christmas music:
well let's say that I will be changing this!
We've been listening to Christmas music since about
Clearly my calendar for the Nativity Fast will have to be updated...
*
Blessed day to you all! 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Elizabeth, I have something by Kathleen Norris called The Quotidian Mysteries: Laundry, Liturgy and "Women's Work". Look it up!

Lisa said...

I am always meaning to do things, too. That made me chuckle. :) So glad to hear that the surgery went well... Glad your Advent is filled with music! We have a rule in our family: No Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. We let the kids freely pick from our cd collection after that -- they love it! Blessings, Lisa :)

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Goodness, you too must have a Sock Monster living in your home!