Saturday, December 28, 2013

Winter Soup for the Winter Christmas Fast

Read about this soup here.


I made two batches,
one with fish sauce and one with soy sauce.

Used vegetable broth and butternut squash.

They cooked up very quickly.
I tried it with brown sugar.
Next time will use maple syrup and a bit less of it
and more spice and fish or soy sauce,
perhaps a bit more curry too;
used the red lentils it suggested...
 
I found this soup to be lovely,
nourishing and warm.
A perfect winter soup that
Mr. Husband and I hope to try again
with the little changes I mentioned above!
I love soups on cold winter days
and this one can be made
totally fast-friendly!
Yay!
*
What soups do you make during winter?
Would love to know!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I make minestrone a lot. Today, I altered my usual recipe to add some leftover vegetables. It was good; it always is!

Martha said...

That sounds like a great soup!

Your stovetop and oven look really nice with the icons on either side.

I like to make lentil soup with onion, carrots, potatoes, celery...

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I love soup with lentils!