Thursday, January 16, 2014

Today and tomorrow...


I woke up in the middle of the night.
The icons are beautiful then.
*
I am doing a lot of processing about my upcoming trip.
The grief side of leaving Ottawa
for the joy side of being married.
Both are real. 
I tend to want to be only in the joy side.
*
I finished the book on the Inklings.
It was a fun book and brought to life the England 
that is no longer, the England of a better time.
It left me thinking, 
I must be here where I am
and work on what this 'here' means.


My husband and I are anxious about my 
Ottawa trip;
I got mono just weeks after my last
Theophany Ottawa trip and
I've been low on energy this week.
*
Please, I ask your prayers.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Praying for you. Have a beautiful, safe trip!

Kassianni said...

as the Lord wills.

praying for you friend.

Titan said...

You are coming for Theophany? Yay! M will have been chrismated by then! Prayers for your health..

Martha said...

What a beautiful sight to see when you wake in the middle of the night. Will you give us a tutorial on exactly how you keep your lampadas lit so long? What kind of wick and oil you use??
My sister is happy to have you visit...I know how you feel about Canada, though. ♥ I wish my sister and her family lived nearer.

GretchenJoanna said...

Prayers, my friend.

Christie said...

Certainly prayers. Oh my! Mono! I've always dreaded it; is it true that you always have it? :c

Those icons are so quietly moving.

Christie said...

P.S. I know EXACTLY what you mean about the England-that-was. And yes, we need to appreciate the Now!

I still try to incorporate some of what I appreciated about those times, those places, and those people: talking lots of walks, appreciating nature by becoming familiar with it, turning off and tuning in to quiet things, good things, like simple, hearty bread and a hot cup of tea.

by the way, do you write poetry?