Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Encouragement in daily life: bakers on a mission


My husband came home one day 
with this bracelet for me from a bakery
what has opening hiring (i.e. they 
will take people on as they can
without questions and so serve the 
disadvantaged, homeless, etc.)
*
Bakers with a mission.
*
It's pretty cool.
It's nice to know that there are places that are doing things
that focus on caring for people 
rather than profit or some sort of end result that
is computed only in an office...
*
I hope that my baking can be used for good as well.
I keep the bracelet from this bakery
on my stove top now,
reminding me that anything I do
can be used by God to bless others.
*
I am seeing this theme,
of God working through ordinary events and 
routine doings,
like baking or washing dishes,
through a book I just finished:
and a book I finally am able to read...
*
It is wonderful to remember that our little lives,
with the dailiness of routines, dishes and cleaning,
can be used for our salvation and 
the blessing of others.


1 comment:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

That bakery sounds wonderful. May God bless them richly!