Monday, February 10, 2014

Encouragement in daily life

I woke to sunshine 
and birdsong.


And to Mr. Husband about to leave for work,
having found my sapphire earring that my Mom
gave me years ago*.
*
I have not found a earring back yet that keep
earrings from falling out.
Years ago I did not have this problem, but now...
and perhaps with this pair in particular, I do...
*
I was so happy to know that I had it again.
*
I would love to hear any suggestions on how to NOT 
lose these earrings.
*
Meanwhile,
I am thinking of doing some blog posts on
things that I find encouraging,
simple things found in daily life.
*
Do join me if you'd like;
as winter continues and Lent is near,
I think remembering and focusing on seeing that 
which is encouraging is
a great blessing to us.


*Mr. Husband still writes me notes most days that he
goes to the office; recently a women about my age
who wishes to be married said she wished
for a husband who wrote her small
poems before work.
So this post really is about two pieces of encouragement I found
upon waking. 

4 comments:

MamaBirdEmma said...

I bought a little box of plastic earring backs at Walmart. There are a lot of them for a few dollars, but each back holds the earrings very nicely. I've only lost the backs when I take the earrings out of my ear and don't put them back where they belong!!

Lisa said...

Are they posts, or dangle? I always wear drop earrings, and some of them work their way out of the ear, for some unknown reason. I use these:
http://www.simplywhispersstore.com/95080.html

If your problem is post earrings, and the backs don't stay on, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Hope this helps. :)

Lisa said...

What a dope I am - didn't even look at the photo! :O But Simply Whispers has all sorts of backs, etc.

Apseed said...

I also had the same problem with earrings, so I just switched to another style.
And your husband is so romantic!