Friday, March 14, 2014

GF Golden Corn Bread ~ Made into Muffins


I wanted to make GF corn bread so I could share...
It turned out really well!
I used two recipes for this and made my own recipe.
Here's how to do it: 
{base recipe from food for paradise cookbook}
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup GF all purpose flour {cookbook said 1 cup white flour}
1/3 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt {I used kosher salt}
1 cup water
1/4 cup oil {I used canola} 
1 tsp xanthan gum 
{I used the cookbook babycakes cornbread recipe
for the amount of xanthan gum}
Combine and mix until smooth.  Bake in a preheated oven at 425 F.
Put into pan or muffin tins.  
{I used one 6 muffin tin and one 12 muffin tin; only
the 12 muffin tin muffins are pictured here.}
Mine were almost burning at 25 minutes baking time.


The vegetarian chili and rice went great with these
GF cornbread muffins!


I am definitely hoping to make this meal again!
The babycakes cookbooks, FYI, are great for those who are 
GF {Gluten Free} and need Lenten recipes! 
The books are {mainly} GF and vegan...
*
So tell me, 
What meals are you making lately?
Any great one for the fast during Great Lent?
I would love to hear!

No comments: