Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Busy with many beautiful and good things




Seems like a long time ago,
July 4th.
We saw fireworks from our large 
living room windows... 


I had such a hard time keeping my lampadas
lit when the Munchkin was here.
It was often impossible; 
between the busy schedule,
that our routines here in general are different
and with a beloved Munchkin very different...



We did light lots of candles though... 



We still need a plumber to come.
No cold water in bathtub.
I use the bucket for cold water.
Not a big deal.




We have hooks in our bathroom for things now.
IKEA.





I hung some pictures today in our hallway.



My Dad made this frame
and I just love it.
Picture is by Whistler of a time
that was more beautiful, esp. in dress.



Cleo totally got sick on these in the night.
Right before my in-laws were coming.
*
So Google to the rescue.
I found this post
and this video from it:


and it worked! 
The chair covers, as you can see above, are as good as new.
I am still trying to clean my old chair covers
that have years of stains.
They are much better but the deep stains are still there.
Am open to suggestions... 


Our new as of yesterday dishwasher.
The installer took the old one out as if it were a small box!
Just carried it down the stairs like it was nothing!
So... it did not clean perfectly (some muddy water)
 but I am wondering if I stopped it
before it was done.
Have to read that manual.
Mostly it cleaned first rate...





I told my Mom I declared war on my dining room table.
She had me clarify:
it was war on all the CLUTTER on the table.
I can't wait till we have a proper office and place to put papers.
This is a continual source of frustration for me:
papers, clutter everywhere.
I can understand why Aunt E. at my Bible camp years ago 
when I worked there and pre-Orthodox years,
said that she threatened to make each table surface diagonal in her home
so that no one could put things on it!
She also had a sign on her desk:
a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind ;)
*
At least we are sane around here...
*
So it was storming like crazy earlier - 
emailed Mr. Husband this picture in the early afternoon... 
flash flooding happens quickly here and the rain
was so heavy it was like hail in appearance...

Photo: just took this picture out my window... raining heavily here... last I knew about 1 hour ago my family who is coming were in PA on the turnpike... more prayers requested! and I am going to light all my oil lamps/lampas for prayer and say more prayers...

Thankfully the roads are dry now...
I do hope my in-laws come safely here...
*
DV we have both our church feast towards the weekend
and on Sunday our house blessing...
so it's going to be a super busy rest of the week,
with my in-laws here helping us with the house
and preparing food for both events.
Prayers of course welcomed!
*
Don't worry if I don't post much in the next days,
it's just going to be a busy but good time!
God bless and keep us all!
Lord have mercy on us!

4 comments:

E Helena E said...

Praying for a wonderful visit!

Lisa said...

I love the pictures you put up and especially the Whistler. Sorry about your cold water situation...hope that is remedied soon! Enjoy your company!
xo Lisa :)

GretchenJoanna said...

I hope you are catching up on your rest after your extended Munchkin visit. It must make you feel good to know that you could accomplish that and stay strong enough for the whole time!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Your home is taking shape beautifully. Enjoy your time with your family!