Monday, January 12, 2015

{Our time in Michigan} ~ A Lovely Family Christmas

My family gathered round in my parent's living room.
*
We talked and just were together before 
getting to the presents we had for each other.


My parents gave me the most loveliest
Christmas gift this year:


The Sister of Angels by Elizabeth Goudge.
It's a Christmas book and just perfect.
I am so grateful to have it to read now!


My Mother found this Dutch tile for my husband as part of 
his Christmas gift.
I just love it and am so looking forward to it gracing our home.


My husband was given this game also.


Handmade pistachio cookies (ingredients almond meal, pistachios, butter and sugar)...


A very little bit of Christmas Scotch.
(We are quite careful to drink only small amounts;
I would not want anyone reading my blog to be tempted to 
misuse alcohol!).


A cake from a local bakery.


My parent's Christmas Tree...
It was a lovely family Christmas time!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your book is a sequel to A City of Bells - I've read it!

elizabeth said...

Lisa, yes, wonderful isn't it! I read it as well over the holidays!! a very Christmas-y book!