Monday, March 09, 2015

{My time in Ottawa} ~ Saving the Best for Last


Dinner:
Delicious salad,
carrot and lentil soup,
potatoes scooped out with mushroom 
and topped with marinara sauce...






And most lovely tea, cake and dessert...


I often leave for home in New Jersey, it seems, 
on a Monday when I am in Ottawa for my annual visit.
And Sunday night is my night with my dear Romanian friends.
I will never be able to express the sense of true rest I feel
with them, of shared vision, of shared struggle,
of the love of their family, 
a shared church family and living life together.
*
As the years go by and I am without my Ottawa community,
it is this family that I feel our friendship, 
spiritual journey and shared struggle for salvation is 
most evident in my daily life in New Jersey.
*
I left Ottawa with a very thankful heart for my time with them
again this year.

4 comments:

karen said...

sounds like they are the bestest of friends to you. I'm glad you had a fun time with them and before you know it you'll be together once more.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

It certainly sounds like a joyful, blessed and beneficial visit - I am so glad!

Apseed said...

This simple dinner looks so cozy and warm!
I'm so happy you had a wonderful time with your friends.

Nicole said...

How wonderful that you still can have such a close friendship, even when far away! It sounds very refreshing :)