Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Beautiful Blue Section 2 & A Gentle Book


I am pretty much done with section 2
of the blue checkered blanket! 
I will need to double check to be sure 
they are the same length but I am quite happy with the
progress made! 
As mentioned before, the rows will actually be
inverted from what you see as I do not intend on having
the two dark blue squares next to each other. :)


I did most of the knitting on the trip to and back 
from the monastery where I went with two 
sisters who live in this area.


I also finished and started another wash cloth;
always handy to have on hand!


I have begun re-reading this gentle
I forgot how beautifully written and with so much love,
this book is.
Here's a quotation I quoted the other day from it:

The process of healing takes a long time.  Even as we see 
reasons for hope, we simultaneously gain better understanding
of how far down the roots of sin can go.  It would be devastating to see the 
whole truth about ourselves all at once.  
Our compassionate Lord brings us along gently, allowing
some blissful ignorance.  Each layer of the onion is shed at the right time;
we encounter the next truth about ourselves when and how we 
can bear it, as our loving Lord knows best.  "I have many 
things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now." (Jn. 16:12)."   

Next week for us who are Orthodox
is Holy Week. 
For all those on the Western Calendar, blessed
rest of Holy Week and Easter to you!
*
What are you creating and reading?
Yarn Along with us! 



11 comments:

karen said...

lovely blanket progress. We are in the midst of holy week and I cannot believe Easter is this weekend! Time speeds by for me.

Lisa said...

That is wisdom. You are very diligent in your knitting - I am not so much. :)

Mimi said...

It's beautiful, fabulous job.
I own that book, but haven't visited it in a long time. Thank you for the reminder

Paula said...

The blanket is looking great! Love those blues.

Unknown said...

Beautiful blanket, and beautiful passage. I'm incredibly thankful that He leads me along gently, only revealing what I can handle at any given time. I think if I had known everything that was going to happen through my cancer journey at the start, I'm not sure if I would have been able to feel hope and make it through. No way. Thank you for sharing!

Nancy said...

I really needed that quote! I'm going to have to print that and stash it somewhere for a daily reminder. That blanket will be awesome when finished!

T.J. said...

hi elizabeth! Took a peaceful moment to get up on these past few days of your blog. I had been meaning to get back to see how your monastary trip went. Looks like it was lovely ispirations for the blessed, holy days ahead :) Very curious about the Slava too- do a post on it for sure as I'd love to know more details after you present one.

Easter and all it's prayerful preparation is upon me. Champ's big birthday race too! So these next few days will be a balance (with the scales tipping a bit toward the Almighty, I believe he,he). I know I will be away from the Internet for a while, on my return I look forward to reading about your peaceful, prayerful progress towards Easter.

T.J. said...

hey- look how many times I used a version of "prayer" in that comment! Phew- thanks God for helping to keep my mind on track with what's important right now even as I have so many other things spinning through my brain!!!

elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Thanks TJ for your comments and checking in; blessed Easter to you! and many years to your husband! God bless!

Amy said...

I like the blue colors you chose for your blanket:) I picked up a beautiful swedish linen table cloth at the thrift store a few weeks ago. It has embroidery on it that is 95% done. I love that I could see where the embroidery hoop was and the needle was still stuck in one side. I like to imagine it belonged to someone like my great grandmother. I bought matching thread and hope to work on it soon. It may get put aside though because I have been dreaming about working in the yard for months now.

Amy said...

I like the blue colors you chose for your blanket:) I picked up a beautiful swedish linen table cloth at the thrift store a few weeks ago. It has embroidery on it that is 95% done. I love that I could see where the embroidery hoop was and the needle was still stuck in one side. I like to imagine it belonged to someone like my great grandmother. I bought matching thread and hope to work on it soon. It may get put aside though because I have been dreaming about working in the yard for months now.