Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Potato, Onion & Goat Cheese Casserole

For the dinner party I had
on the evening of May 3rd,
I made the Potato, Onion & Goat Cheese casserole
that I first made for the last meal we
had with our baby goddaughter and her lovely Mother...


12 Potatoes, washed, rinsed, peeled, sliced.



Recipe is from 


Cutting the onion in a half moon and slicing thin
as the author suggests is my new
favourite way to cut and caramelize onions. 
I think I did two in this dish.
Seasoned with thyme, salt pepper, lots of extra virgin olive oil...


Potatoes cooked already sliced 
till 'al dente' and then first layer of potatoes put on,
then onions, then more potatoes and then remaining onions
and goat cheese.  
Pour 1 cup of milk in and bake!
*
Keep warm in oven and 
serve hot!


A lovely part to a dinner meal
and quite prefect as a side dish to a roast chicken!

2 comments: