Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Yarn Along: Blue, Song of Lark and Adventure of Ascent


Wow! Wednesday Yarn Along already!
Well, I did not get as far as I hoped on my blanket...
I failed to realize that I did not have a lot of the yarn
in the colour I am doing with me in my knitting bag,
when I was on my long car ride to church... so 
after I used up what I had... I went on and 
finished a wash cloth instead,
which I already gave away to our past Sunday night's
dinner guest ... 
(a post on that meal later I hope!)
But I still did make some progress on the blanket
and I got a new skein of yarn
all ready now to continue!


I am still reading Song of the Lark by Willa Cather
and also 
Both are absorbing reads and are giving me 
a sense of rest in the midst of a lot of business
that my days amount to...
*
On another crafting front, 
I have finished the top of a small
checkered green and white pillow that I am making!
It's my first sewing project and I have made up
the pattern myself, of course...
(just like my knitting it seems...)


The double square/long rectangle is where
the one side of the blanket is going to start/end, FYI.
*
I am loving the sewing I get to do!
I am always amazed at the many crafty folk who do
lots in terms of knitting and sewing;
I am still trying to find a good balance in terms of time for this!
*
So, what are you creating and crafting?
Yarn Along with us!

6 comments:

Paula said...

I hate when I run out of wool while driving. You were lucky to have a back-up project. Your sewing looks good too!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Loving your sewing!

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame to run out of yarn. Your sewing project is looking a delight too.

Unknown said...

Drat! Hate when I run out of yarn when I'm on the road! You're blanket does look great though!

karen said...

you are quite crafty these days! love the sewing that you are doing. I hope you get more time to work on the blanket. I'm not working on projects because of the painting of the house.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I agree it's looking good, I like the colours. My sewing machine is out getting a once over so no sewing for me for two weeks!!