Thursday, June 25, 2015

{Fast Friendly Food ~ vegan} : a hearty simple salad!

My friend Martha
posted (on FB) a salad that her sister Mary
made recently...


Ingredients she posted:

1 bag of arugula
1 cup of cooked quinoa
1 package frozen grilled corn
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped almonds
1 package of bruschetta sauce


Mary linked the video that she learned this from...
I watched it and thought this would be great to make!
Besides that, I have great confidence that whatever
Mary cooks or bakes I will LOVE!


I used basmati rice instead of quinoa. 


It turned out really well!
Mr. Husband, who prefers salt to sweet,
had some with potato chips and we all enjoyed it!
*
I am thinking of trying different twists with this salad,
such as including cooked cooled shrimp or canned clams
for fasting days!


4 comments:

Mimi said...

Ohhh, that looks really good. Thank you

Lisa said...

It looks delicious!

Apseed said...

Yummy! Looks tasty and easy to make.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What a great idea!